Keeping your indoor atmosphere cool and comfortable during the warm summer months can be a frustrating and often costly task, to say the least. An AirwareSales evaporative air conditioner s, also known as a swamp cooler, offers a healthy, eco-friendly, cost-effective alternative to traditional air conditioning systems.
How Evaporative Cooling Works
Evaporative cooling naturally happens all around us. For example, you feel it when you leave a pool on a hot day and immediately feel chilly. These cooling effects occur because as dry air passes over water, dry air will absorb some of the water.
This absorption process occurs when the temperature and vapour pressure of the water attempt to match the air. As a result, water molecules are converted into gas molecules and heat changes from the highest air temperature to the lowest water temperature. Since the air is circulating naturally, the area around it cools.
An AirwareSales evaporative air conditioner relies on this natural phenomenon, to keep cooling your home consistently. It uses a fan to extract warm, stale air inside the unit, where it passes over wet water pads to be cooled.
Benefits of Evaporative Cooler
The goal of both swamp coolers is to cool your space. However, swamp coolers vary in operation compared to air conditioners.
Most importantly, many swamp coolers only require a minor to moderate configuration, such as placing air filters or mounting windows. Here are a few more advantages:
- Standard Cooling Tech
- to air conditioners that employ compressors and coolants, swamp coolers do not have only water, a fan and a pump to saturate the cooling media to create cold air.
- A 36-inch evaporative air cooler that runs for eight hours typically costs less than a dollar, because the only costs associated with its operation are just plain water and electricity. This is about three times cheaper than traditional cooling costs, as operating swamp coolers cost up to 50 per cent less.
- Environmentally friendly
- Ecologically friendly consumers, swamp coolers are an ideal solution to stay cool without the use of refrigerants to cool your home. An AirwareSales evaporative air conditioner uses a process cooling the air using movement and water. This process will not add pollutants that damage ozone or other chemicals to the environment.
- the evaporative cooling process naturally humidifies dry air, reducing dry air symptoms, such as itchy eyes, throat or skin.
- Swamp coolers work best when fresh air is available, such as from a window or door open. This constant circulation makes your indoor air cooler than it would be with conventional air conditioners that require a tight space to operate.